July 6, 2018
Every day, countless individuals struggle with the discomfort and embarrassment of missing teeth. If you are one of those people, rest assured that you can find relief! Several tooth replacement options are available to restore your smile and boost your confidence; one of those options is dental implants in Aurora. Let’s talk more about what implants are and how they may be able to change your life.
Dental Implants Provide Whole-Tooth Replacement
Traditional bridges and dentures replace only the crowns of missing teeth — the part that you normally see above the gum line. Implants are different because they also replace the root of the tooth. During an initial implant placement surgery, Dr. Kristina Harvan places small titanium posts into your jaw. As you heal from the surgery, a remarkable process known as osseointegration happens; the implant forms a strong bond with the bone, creating the strongest base possible for the new teeth.
Once the implants have bonded with your body, it’s time for the next step of the process: restoration. This is when Dr. Chris Harvan or Dr. Christina Linn places custom-made new teeth on top of the implants. These may be in the form of a single crown, an implant-supported bridge, or an implant-supported denture.
The entire treatment time for getting dental implants can be anywhere from several months to a year. This may seem like a long time, but the rewards are well worth it!
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a long list of benefits, especially when you receive them from your expert dentists in Aurora:
- We use only the best available technology. For example, a cone beam X-ray machine allows us to get detailed, 3D images of your mouth, which allows for precise implant placement and minimizes the risks associated with the placement surgery.
- The implants and restorations we use are only of the highest quality. Therefore, your new smile with be both sturdy and very natural-looking.
- Implants are stronger than other tooth replacement methods; they can stand up to all of the rigors of everyday chewing and speaking.
- Implants can prevent bone loss in the jaw, helping to maintain the structure of your face.
- The bond that implants form with your body is permanent. If you care for your new teeth properly, it is very possible that they could last for the rest of your life.
Beginning Your Journey to a New Smile
If you are interested in getting dental implants in Aurora, you first step should be to schedule a consultation with an implant expert. During a frank and informative conversation with your dentist, you’ll learn if implants are a fit for your circumstances, the risks you need to be aware of, and what you can expect during the journey ahead of you. We hope you have a lot of healthy, complete smiles in your future!
About the Dentist
Dr. Kristina Harvan truly enjoys working alongside the other dentists in our practice to help folks in our community experience all the benefits of dental implants. She is a skilled general dentist who is committed to staying current with her education in order to provide only the best possible care for her patients. To learn more about dental implants and what they could do for you, please contact our office at 720-457-9300.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.